Everybody loves a sausage roll and they are not that hard to make either. A great activity for family baking and a delicious snack too!
- Puff pastry (just roll works just great!)
- Cumberland sausages
- 1 Egg
- Fillings – I like to make my sausages rolls a little bit different. Cooking apples and curry powder make for my favourite 2 flavours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Cut the sausages apart (scissors usually work best) and squeeze the sausage meat out of the skins into a large bowl.
- Mix your chosen flavours into the sausage meat with your hands and ball the meat into small portions.
- Roll out the pastry into a large square and cut it into strips of approximately 3 cm thick using a knife.
- Place each portion of sausage meat on a strip of pastry and wrap to form your sausage roll.
- Beat the egg using a folk and use this to seal the end of the pastry and glaze them once done.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for approximately 25-30 minutes.