My friend, Miss Rosie Bea’s, own recipe for a simple Victoria sponge topped with lotus biscuit icing perfect for afternoon tea.
200g Self-raising flour 200g Icing sugar
200g Caster sugar 150g Butter
200g Butter 4tsp Water
2 Whole eggs 4tbsp Biscoff spread
2tsp Baking powder
3tsp Vanilla flavouring
- First things first, preheat the oven to 180° and make sure you have all the ingredients!
- Mix the butter, flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder and flavouring. I choose to mix them in a blender but you can do this by hand in a large mixing bowl until you have a smooth paste.
- Line the baking tin.If you are making a single cake cut a circle of grease proof paper for the bottom of the tin and brush the whole of the inside with oil. For cupcakes prepare the cases.
- Evenly distribute the mixture and place in the oven. Leave to bake for 45 minutes (30 for cupcakes).
- Preparing the icing.Using a folk carefully mix the icing sugar and the butter. Add water slowly as needed. Finally, when the sugar has been mixed into the butter add the biscoff spread and mix into a smooth icing.
- Allow the cake to cool before icing it how you please. Enjoy!